First Virtual Navy League Meeting
This year, Navy League San Diego will be holding the first virtual Navy League monthly meeting on March 12th, at 12:00 pm. Due to the pandemic, our monthly meeting will be done via zoom. This blog will go over everything you need to know about the first Navy League virtual meeting taking place.
Why is the Meeting Virtual?
On March 12th, Navy League San Diego will be holding the first virtual monthly meeting at 12:00 pm. Due to the pandemic, this meeting will be held via Zoom to adhere to social distancing regulations. Despite not being able to meet in person, this virtual meeting will be just as efficient as our previous meetings done in the past. Navy League finds it important to connect and communicate with our members, which is why we’re excited to see you in this virtual meeting. Because this meeting is going to be virtual, it will be absolutely free.
About the Speaker
The guest speaker that will join us in this virtual meeting is Captain Troy A. Fendrick. Captain Fendrick is an Arizona native who graduated from Arizona State with a Bachelor’s Degree in Justice Studies. He enlisted in the United States Navy in 1993 and received his commission in 1997 from Officer Candidate School in Pensacola, Florida. He then got his Master’s Degrees from the University of San Diego in Global Leadership and the Naval War College in National Security and Strategic Studies.
At sea, he served onboard USS JUNEAU (LPD 10), USS ESSEX (LHD 2) as Interior Communications Officer, followed by a tour in USS ANTIETAM (CG 54) as Main Propulsion Assistant. His Department Head tours were served on USS SHILOH as Weapons Officer and USS CHANCELLORSVILLE as Combat Systems Officer. His Executive Officer tour was onboard USS CHOSIN (CG 65). As Commanding Officer, he commanded USS CORONADO (LCS 4) and USS JACKSON (LCS 6), where his crew was awarded the Battle “E.”
Ashore, his assignments include Afloat Training Group Pacific as an Engineering Training Team Leader. He served on the staff of Commander U.S. Naval Forces Europe, Commander U.S. Naval Forces Africa, Commander U.S. SIXTH Fleet as the MCC TLAM DET OIC. He also served on the staff of Commander U.S Naval Forces Central Command, Commander U.S. FIFTH Fleet as Current Operations Director, and the staff of Commander Naval Surface Force U.S. Pacific Fleet as Assistant Chief of Staff for CRUDES Current Readiness and CG/DDG1000 Class Advocate.
He is currently the Commanding Officer for USNS MIGUEL KEITH (ESB-5) MILCREW (BLUE). We’re excited to have Captain Fendrick with us. He will make for an extraordinary guest speaker for our very first virtual gathering.
Spread the Word
We encourage all of our members to spread the word and invite more guests to join us at this virtual meeting. These events help support the Navy League’s mission, and we can’t do it without your support. The more people that attend these events, the better we’re able to serve the people and move forward with our mission. The objectives we have set forth to accomplish include:
- To foster and maintain interest in a strong Navy, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and Merchant Marine as integral parts of a sound national defense and vital to the freedom of the United States.
- To serve as a means of educating and informing the American people with regard to the role of sea power in the nuclear age and the problems involved in maintaining strong defenses in that age.
- To improve the understanding and appreciation of those who wear the uniforms of our armed forces and to better the conditions under which they live and serve.
- To provide support and recognition for the Reserve forces in our communities in order that we may continue to have a capable and responsive Reserve.
- To educate and train our youth in the customs and traditions of the Navy, the Marine Corps, the Coast Guard, and the Merchant Marine through the means of an active and vigorous Naval Sea Cadet Corps.
To join our first virtual monthly meeting, you’re going to need to register for the event. To register, click here.
- Who – All Navy League San Diego members
- What – Navy League’s first monthly meeting
- When – March 12th, 2021 at 12:00 pm
- Where – Virtual meeting will be held via Zoom
Over the years, Navy League San Diego has compiled an impressive record of accomplishments, and a big part is due to our members. We are proud to have you as our member and we thank you for your integrity and patriotism. To learn more about the virtual meeting and register for the event, visit our website at https://navyleague-sd.com/. We hope to see you there!
For more Navy League News, click here.
BLUE & GOLD NEWSLETTER
The award-winning Blue & Gold is published monthly. It features hot news, highlights event speakers, covers legislation and much more.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The Navy League depends on passionate individuals like you to support
those currently serving and advocate for the sea services.